As telcos have been investing huge amounts of money in both 5G licenses and network upgrades, what kind of ROI could they expect from 5G in the consumer market?
This report addresses the following questions:
- What kind of pricing strategies have the telcos implemented for wireless services?
- What are the main segmentation criteria for their range of wireless services?
- How important is quality of service becoming in their offerings?
- Where is 5G positioned in their range of services?
- Are unlimited packages now mainstream for 5G?
- What price levels apply to 5G rate plans?
- Is video bundled with 5G?
- How are the telcos adding value to 5G? Does this include a 5G premium?
- How can premium revenue grow from 5G, compared to 4G?
- Over what timeframe?
Table des matières
1. Executive Summary
2. 4G/5G range segmentation
2.1. Volume still remains the main segmentation criteria for 4G/5G rate plans, but quality of service is gaining momentum
2.2. Unlimited plans are widespread, in most cases as high-end plans
2.3. Content used to add value to offerings, through subsidiaries or partnerships
2.4. The focus of Korean operators on augmented reality as a driver for 5G
3. 5G pricing strategies
3.1. 5G pricing parameters remain largely identical to those used for 4G
3.2. 5G price range: significant distortion between countries and operators
3.3. 5G unlimited plan price levels: significant distortion between countries and operators
4. 5G Adding value
4.1. Two main strategies for 5G services: continuity with 4G and adding value
4.2. ‘Conquest’ strategies mainly conducted in leading 5G countries: Korea and China
4.3. 4G/5G price ranges vary widely
4.4. 5G premium assessed at around 6 EUR in value-adding strategies
4.5. No 5G premium in the long run
5. Detailed benchmark by country
5.1. North America
• USA: T-Mobile USA – AT&T – Verizon
• Finland: Elisa – Telia Finland – DNA
• France: Bouygues Telecom
• Germany: T-Mobile – Vodafone – O2 Germany
• Italy: TIM – Vodafone Italia – WindTre
• Spain: Vodafone
• United Kingdom: EE – Vodafone – O2 –’3’
• Switzerland: Swisscom – Sunrise
• Saudi Arabia: STC – Zain
• United Arab Emirates: Etisalat – Du
• Japan: NTT DoCoMo – KDDI – SoftBank
• South Korea: KT – LG U+ – SKT
• China: China Mobile – China Telecom
Table des figures
4G/5G range segmentation
• 4G/5G range segmentation strategies
• 4G/5G plans data allowances
• NTT DoCoMo plans
• STC plans
• Vodafone UK 4G/5G plans
• TIM’s plans
• Elisa 4G/5G plans
• T-Mobile USA 4G/ 5G plans
• Content 5G partnerships
5G pricing strategies
• 5G plan price ranges (EUR)
• 5G price of entry-level unlimited offering (EUR)
5G value adding
• 5G pricing strategies
• 5G pricing strategies by 5G country readiness
• 4G/5G price ranges (EUR)
• China Mobile 4G / 5G plans compared
• SKT 4G / 5G plans compared
• KT 4G / 5G plans compared
• Vodafone Spain 4G / 5G plans compared
• 5G monetisation compared to 4G
• 5G ARPU forecast in Germany
- Bouygues Telecom
- China Mobile
- China Telecom
- LG U+
- NTT DoCoMo
- Telia Finland
- T-Mobile USA
- Vodafone UK, Spain, Italy
- Référence : M20440MRA
- Livraison : on the DigiWorld Interactive platform
- Langues disponibles : Anglais
- Tags : 5G, 5G monetisation, 5G pricing