With the development of 5G commercial services, research work has already begun on ‘beyond 5G’ systems with an emphasis on the use of Terahertz frequency bands. Such 6G systems could emerge in 2030, and provide Tbps data rates and the basis for the ‘Internet of Everything’, bearing in mind the imperatives of sustainable development and smart environments.
The main questions addressed in this report are:
- What are the drivers for a sixth-generation wireless system?
- What is required for 6G?
- Who is backing 6G?
- What are the expected 6G use cases?
- Presentation of 6G enablers – key technologies
- Expected 6G roadmap
- Conclusion – Comparing 5G and 6G characteristics
- NTT DOCOMO
- NYU Wireless
- Référence : M19170MRA
- Livraison : on the DigiWorld Interactive platform
- Langues disponibles : Anglais
- Tags : 5G, 6G, Internet of Everything, sixth-generation wireless system, Terahertz frequency bands