Europe is currently reviewing the regulatory framework governing telecommunications, with a view to accelerating the creation of the Digital Single Market and the deployment of superfast fixed and mobile (5G) access. In the United States, with the end of the blackout on the 600 MHz auctions, the latest mergers and acquisitions have been announced, and the FCC is doing an about-face on the regulatory direction it had been taking during the Obama years… All of which conspires to create an opportune time to compare the current telecom services market dynamics on either side of the Atlantic.
This insight proposes a comparison of the telecom services market dynamics between Europe and the USA in terms of competition, growth (in value and in volume) and economic results.
This 5th issue of our monthly DigiWorld Watch Service also presents a focus on some key topics of the Connected TV World Summit held in London in May 2017 with a spotlight on the central place accorded to content and consumer knowledge.
The chronicle of the recent industry news is also included.
Table des matières
Telecom market dynamics : Europs vs. The USA
1. Despite an apparent gradual rebalancing of power, the European end US markets continue to be underpinned by very different dynamics
2. Despite the recent drop in revenue, operators in the US are still outperforming their European counterparts economically
Focus : Content may be King but the consumer is Prince(ss), key issues from Connected TV World Summit – London – May 2017
DigiWorld Chronical for May 2017
Latest market reports
– All-IP migration – How packets killed the circuit-switched star
– Gigabit Nations – Ultrafast access markets and players
– Smart home and smart building market – First signs for an upcoming take-off
– 5G plans and investments – Approaching the starting blocks
Latest edition of the DigiWorld Yearbook
Secteur géographique et acteurs
- Century Link
- Deutsche Telekom
- Liberty Global
- Time Warner
- Virgin Media
- Référence : M17605A
- Livraison : on the DigiWorld Interactive platform
- Langues disponibles : Anglais
- Tags : 5G, cable companies, cablecos, connected TV, digital single market, Europe, fixed broadband, fixed market, mobile market, superfast fixed access, superfast mobile access, Telcos, telecom market, telecom operators, USA